Thursday, May 9, 2013

Body Image Lie

If only I could lose weight then people would like me better. That was a preset life goal for me by certain people in my family.

I was never good enough for some, and that was the reason why or so they told me. They continued to lavish this shortcoming on me throughout the years. I have no idea who long it takes for this to go from a demand to being a part of yourself - your psyche, your heart, and your logical mind.


What Should You Change About Your Body?


The incredibly ironic thing is that I have recently lost a lot of weight, and this person is no longer in the land of the living to give their approval. This leaves me feeling that something is missing, and my weight lost goal isn't quiet complete as it normally would be.

Through God's incredible love, He is teaching me to slowly let go of the demands that that person chained on me while I was growing up. It's going to be a long hard process, but I want and need to go through it.

I just pray with all my heart that I love my daughters so strongly and blindly that they will never know what all I went through. I want them to only know how much I love them, how beautiful they are with no adjustments needed, and how much their Heavenly Father loves them with no strings attached EVER!

We are all incomprehensibly and extravagantly loved by God, and we need to always remember that we need to get our healthy body image from our Creator. After all, He made us, and He knows how what’s best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment